Poetry at Work Day is coming January 14, 2014.
Librarians, college departments, offices, this is for you. Simple ideas for a resource table:
1. Poetry at Work Day Poster as a visual (while supplies last)
3. Various poetry collections. Plus these pertinent books:
Poetry at Work, by Glynn Young
The Heart Aroused: Poetry and the Preservation of the Soul in Corporate America, by David Whyte
Can Poetry Matter? Essays on Poetry and American Culture, by Dana Gioia
poemcrazy: freeing your life with words, by Susan Goldsmith Wooldridge
What Poetry Brings to Business, by Clare Morgan
Fallow Field, by Scott Edward Anderson
Ordinary Genius: A Guide for the Poet Within, by Kim Addonizio
The Poetry of William Carlos Williams, by Wendell Berry
Success Stories: Poems and Essays, by Robert Cole
4. Great quotes and poetry at work facts, available on our Poetry at Work Day Infographic 2014
5. For activity ideas and work poems, check out our Poetry at Work Day Survival Kit.
Photo by Basheertome, Creative Commons, via Flickr.
Poetry at Work, by Glynn Young, foreword by Scott Edward Anderson
“This book is elemental.”
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by L.L. Barkat (see all)
- Between Friends: Two Writers Try Out the Friendship Project (And Get a Few Surprises) - August 8, 2019
- Between Friends: Poetry as Shorthand - June 27, 2019
- Build Your Friendships With the Power of Curiosity—5 Ideas! - May 20, 2019