Welcome to The Mischief Café, our welcome and announcement space for newcomers—and regulars—at Tweetspeak Poetry. (Also, see the bottom of this page for information on an *actual* traveling mischief café!)
For Tweetspeak Newcomers
Want to connect with our community?
Our Poetry Baristas are here to help you find your way. If they don’t happen to notice that you chose a table in the corner, feel free to wave them on over. Tell them what you love: coffee, tea, cinnamon toast with or without butter. Rumi, Neruda, Teasdale or another poet altogether.
Before you know it, they’ll bring a sweet surprise to your table. And a smile. Always. Because they are some of the friendliest people you’ll ever meet.
You can also chat with them about any questions you might have. If they aren’t sure of the answer, they’ll point you to someone who can take care of you.
For Tweetspeak Regulars
Need a little encouragement? Advice? Coffee, tea, or toast? Let our baristas know. They’re happy to make your day if they can.
Our Poetry Baristas & Tea Pourers
Our Poetry Partners
Meet our partners and maybe become one someday.
“Magic, mischief, merriment, and mirth.” That’s Tweetspeak. Welcome to our Mischief Café!
• The usuals: tea, coffee, toast, poets and poems. Let our baristas know your favorites! (Seriously. Find them on Twitter and let them know.)
• Try Your Hand at Our Latest Writing Prompts. Our March theme is Things Invisible.
• Check out our subscribers-only fiction series, Adjustments
• De-stress with one of our Coloring Page Poems
• Get a free Mini-Series of 5 Poetry Prompts from How to Write A Poem
How to Be a Tweetspeak Regular
1. Our monthly menu (above) is a great place to find stuff that Tweetspeak “regulars” are sure to be reading or doing
2. Sign up for our free poetry newsletter, to get top posts of the week
3. Subscribe to Every Day Poems, and read a beautiful poem a day. You’ll notice that the regulars at Tweetspeak do this. They subscribe for the way it inspires daily and connects them to our community, with a shared reading experience that also works to make them better writers
4. A core group of our regulars know what it takes for Tweetspeak to keep the beauty, depth, and fun coming. Some of them have decided to help that happen. And we are helping them build their platforms in return. Consider joining them?
An Exciting Traveling Mischief Café!
Sometimes we go on the road with The Mischief Café. But you don’t need to wait for us to stop in. Run your own Mischief Café experience. This guide, anthology, and prompt book gives you everything you need.
Tea photo by Sonia Joie