We enjoy a daily sharing over Every Day Poems on Twitter, inviting you to take a dip into poetry with us. Perhaps for you, the poem could be a pool. You could take a dip, a refreshing soak of your arms, legs, and lashes. Or maybe you’re the more hesitant type, dipping in only a toe to test the waters.
You might even be one who skips the pool and dips your pinky finger into a jar to savor the honey of a poem all morning. Or maybe one is not enough, and you order your ice cream cones with a triple dip.
However you do your dipping, we invite you to keep taking your daily dip into poetry with us, posting your favorite line from the day’s Every Day Poems, with the hashtag #dipintopoetry. Today, we’re sharing the top ten (by number of tweets and favorites) #dipintopoetry lines that were tweeted over the couple of months. We’ve even seen a new trend with #dipintopoetry sometimes inspiring #everydaysketches.
Is your favorite here? Tweet with us every morning, and don’t forget to add #dipintopoetry. We’ll be looking for your lines.
1. From Omphalos by Connie Roberts
two-seater barn-red swings
we ride like horses
2. From In Defense of Nothing by Peter Gizzi
The present is always coming up to us
3. From Snowy Owl by LW Lindquist
feel like a kind of death?
4. From Ash Wednesday, II by T.S. Eliot
Under a juniper-tree the bones sang
5. From “Nature” Is What We See by Emily Dickinson
So impotent Our Wisdom is
To her Simplicity.
6. From Altar by Laurie Klein
The mind knows something is ending
7. From After Dreams by Richard Maxson
I wait for the slender purl of your voice
8. From Dear Film Noir— by Simone Muench
A furnace-filter voice. A muddy boot arrival.
9. From Evening by H.D.
the petals reach inward,
the blue tips bend
toward the bluer heart
10. From You Are Sitting in the Kitchen, Only a Witness by Dave Harrity
This kind of boy falls less in love
With what can be imagined.
Photo by Sarah-Rose, Creative Commons License via Flickr. All poems previously appeared by permission of the poet and/or publisher in Every Day Poems.
Dip into poetry every weekday morning with a subscription to Every Day Poems and find some beauty in your inbox.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Will Willingham (see all)
- A Random Random Acts of Poetry Day Wrap - October 10, 2019
- Celebrating 10 Years—Infographic: The Story of Tweetspeak in Balloons, Cake & Chickens - October 3, 2019
- It’s Random Acts of Poetry Day—And The World Could Still Use Kindness - October 2, 2019