At Tweetspeak, we are ever conscious of the ways that poetry can help restore and revitalize. Our occasional 5-Minute Refresh series offers a brief respite, with an invitation to give your soul a refresh.
• Sit in a comfortable chair. If you are at the office and have no choice of chairs, turn your chair away from your desk.
• Turn your hands upwards, and open them. Let the tension release. Is there tension in your neck? Let that release, too.
• Breathe in for as long as you can, deeply. Then breathe out for as long as you can. Do this three times.
• Do the exercise over again, but this time with the following lines of poetry running through your mind:
you cannot always choose
the door that opens your life
That’s it! Your 5-minute refresh. Repeat as needed throughout your day.
Looking for more inspiring lines? Check out the Every Day Poems poetry club room, where we feature additional favorite lines submitted by readers.
(Comments intentionally removed to encourage quiet reflection.)
Photo by 婠 玥, Creative Commons, via Flickr.
Breathing Deep: One Surprising Impact
No kidding, boosting your oxygen intake can supercharge your productivity. (So if you’d rather be unproductive, you probably shouldn’t try this at home. 🙂 )
- New Release!—Announcing Mildred’s Garden - August 20, 2021
- National Poetry Month Book Giveaway—Tell Us Your Personal Poetry Story to Enter! - April 10, 2021
- Road Trip!—Great Poets Read for National Poetry Month - April 6, 2021