National Poetry Month Book Giveaway
We’re giving away your choice of two books from the popular “How To” trio. Just tell us your personal poetry story to enter the giveaway—for a chance to win a poetry pair!
• Please read the guidelines below to be sure you understand what we mean by “your personal poetry story.” Thanks!
The “How To” Trio Includes
Read more about the “How To” trio here.
How to Enter the Book Giveaway
1. In the comment box on this post, tell us your personal poetry story. Consider adding details like:
• the first poem you ever fell in love with
• who brought you to poetry (or did you find it on your own?)
• whether you came willingly—or whether you were wooed or taken by poetry surprise
• how poetry is currently a part of your life
2. Alternately, you could tell us your personal poetry story in the form of a poem. (But, of course!)
3. Post your personal poetry story by April 30, 2021.
How to Win
We will enter you for a random chance to win your choice of two books from the “How To” trio, if you tell us your personal poetry story in either prose or poetry. Just put your entry in the comment box below!
> Note, we will only enter those who actually tell us their personal poetry story, in prose or poem form. In other words, we want to hear about how you came to poetry and/or how it is currently a part of your life.
> Random poems or prose, nice as they might be, will not qualify.
> Books only ship in the U.S. But you can get featured regardless of where you are in the world!
We Might Ask Permission to Tell Your Story
Regardless of whether you end up being the winner of two titles from the book trio, we might ask permission to tell your personal poetry story (or share your poem)—in full or in part. So feel free to be… colorful, intriguing, surprising, funny, tender, or poetic in the telling!
Your Story Encourages Others in Their Poetry Journey
Telling your personal poetry story encourages others who are already on their own poetry journeys. And for those who aren’t yet on the journey, it can be a lovely invitation to dip in for the first time. We look forward to hearing your story!
- Celebrate! A Christmas Carol Illustrated + Poetry Prompt - December 7, 2022
- Making Peace With Paradise—Celebrate + Poetry Prompt! - September 15, 2022
- Summer Respite + Take Your Poet to Work Day - July 15, 2022