We enjoy a daily sharing over Every Day Poems on Twitter, inviting you to take a dip into poetry with us. Perhaps for you, the poem could be a pool. You could take a dip, a refreshing soak of your arms, legs, and lashes. Or maybe you’re the more hesitant type, dipping in only a toe to test the waters.
You might even be one who skips the pool and dips your pinky finger into a jar to savor the honey of a poem all morning. Or maybe one is not enough, and you order your ice cream cones with a triple dip.
However you do your dipping, we invite you to keep taking your daily dip into poetry with us, posting your favorite line from the day’s Every Day Poems, with the hashtag #dipintopoetry. Today, we’re sharing the top ten (by number of tweets and favorites) #dipintopoetry lines that were tweeted over the couple of months. Sometimes that #dipintopoetry also inspires #everydaysketches. #everydayimages and #everydaysculptures.
Is your favorite here? Tweet with us every morning, and don’t forget to add #dipintopoetry. We’ll be looking for your lines.
1. From Ties by Jo McDougall
I think of this moment
as an incredible moth.
2. From Braille by John Lee Clark
If my finger is the sky,
Then under it the fields prosper.
3. From With Kit, Age 7, At the Beach by William Stafford
The ocean was performing
4. From Together by L.L. Barkat
traveling the Milky Way, wondering
where you are.
5. From No Second Troy by William Butler Yeats
With beauty like a tightened bow
6. From Between Funerals by Felicia Krol
into a plastic bag
7. From The Lady of Shalott by Alfred, Lord Tennyson
I am half sick of shadows
8. From Aphelion by Robin Beth Schaer
the tent of the sky,
the wind in vast cotillions
9. From Japanese Picture by Hilda Conkling
Japanese people in silk
Hidden in the brown-sugar houses
10. From The Lake Isle of Innisfree by William Butler Yeats
peace comes dropping slow
Photo by Sofianne Finch, Creative Commons License via Flickr. All poems previously appeared by permission of the poet and/or publisher in Every Day Poems.
Dip into poetry every weekday morning with a subscription to Every Day Poems and find some beauty in your inbox.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by Will Willingham (see all)
- The Silver Chair Book Club: The Darkness Around Us Is Deep - February 26, 2020
- The Silver Chair Book Club: The Circus Won’t Find the Park - February 19, 2020
- The Silver Chair Book Club: Horrible Errors of Childhood - February 12, 2020