We began a daily sharing over Every Day Poems on Twitter, inviting you to take a dip into poetry with us. Perhaps for you, the poem could be a pool. You could take a dip, a refreshing soak of your arms, legs, and lashes. Or maybe you’re the more hesitant type, dipping in only a toe to test the waters.
You might even be one who skips the pool and dips your pinky finger into a jar to savor the honey of a poem all morning. Or maybe one is not enough, and you order your ice cream cones with a triple dip.
However you do your dipping, we invite you to keep taking your daily dip into poetry with us, posting your favorite line from the day’s Every Day Poems, with the hashtag#dipintopoetry. Today, we’re sharing the top ten (by number of tweets and favorites) #dipintopoetry lines that were tweeted over the couple of months.
1. Where Childhood Went by Kim Addonizio
The teeth sold to the fairies
are tombstones in the graveyard of the fireflies.
2. On Music by Rainer Maria Rilke
that stands head-up in the direction
of hearts that wear out.
3. My Sentence by Dana Levin
4. Maybe This Is by Rachel Blum
The two shells at
The beginning of this pearl.
5. Maybe This Is by Rachel Blum
The dot-to-dot of loss
6. Sonnet 98 by William Shakespeare
They were but sweet, but figures of delight,
Drawn after you, you pattern of all those.
7. Mordred (excerpt: last scene) by Wilfred Campbell
8. Lies by Angela Alaimo O’Donnell
we lived and died by stories in that house
9. On Music by Rainer Maria Rilke
when the innermost point in us stands
10. Spring Is Like a Perhaps Hand by e.e. cummings
Spring is like a perhaps hand
Is your favorite here? Tweet with us every morning, and don’t forget to add #dipintopoetry. We’ll be looking for your lines.
Thanks to our regular #dipintopoetry players:
Dip into poetry every weekday morning with a subscription to Every Day Poems and find some beauty in your inbox.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by LW Willingham (see all)
- National Poetry Month: Tony Hoagland and the Body + Group Poetry Dare - April 11, 2019
- 5 Delicious Ways to Celebrate Poet in a Cupcake Day! - April 5, 2019
- National Poetry Month: Writing Down the Words from Tony Hoagland + Group Dare - April 4, 2019