We began a daily sharing over Every Day Poems on Twitter, inviting you to take a dip into poetry with us. Perhaps for you, the poem could be a pool. You could take a dip, a refreshing soak of your arms, legs, and lashes. Or maybe you’re the more hesitant type, dipping in only a toe to test the waters.
You might even be one who skips the pool and dips your pinky finger into a jar to savor the honey of a poem all morning. Or maybe one is not enough, and you order your ice cream cones with a triple dip.
However you do your dipping, we invite you to keep taking your daily dip into poetry with us, posting your favorite line from the day’s Every Day Poems, with the hashtag#dipintopoetry. Today, we’re sharing the top ten (by number of tweets and favorites) #dipintopoetry lines that were tweeted over the couple of months.
Is your favorite here? Tweet with us every morning, and don’t forget to add #dipintopoetry. We’ll be looking for your lines.
1. From Dust of Snow by Robert Frost
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
2. From Problems with Hurricanes by Victor Hernández Cruz
beware of mangoes
And all such beautiful
3. From Rocket by Todd Boss
4. From Inventory by Günter Eich, translated by Joshua Mehigan
The pencil’s the thing
I love the most:
5. From Glass Slipper Sonnet by Angela Alaimo O’Donnell
When the shoe breaks, the sonnet must fall
6. From Furry Bear by A. A. Milne
I shouldn’t much mind
If it snowed or friz—
7. From Victims by Mark Jarman
No monster is responsible
For his enormity.
8. From Still Life by Richard Maxson
No one planned the wild buttercups in that field.
9. From Finding the Scarf by Wyatt Townley
on the forest floor,
10. From Khaleesi Says by Leah Umansky
I’m no ordinary woman, she says.
My dreams come true.
Thanks to our regular #dipintopoetry players:
@vickiaddesso, @edaypoems, @tspoetry, @monicasharman, @windowonwords, @graceappears, @bethanyR__,
@doallas, @sandraheskaking, @theimaginedjay, @lwlindquist, @soulstops,
@lauralynn_brown, @lanearnold, @brightersideblg
Photo by Ashton, Creative Commons License via Flickr.
Dip into poetry every weekday morning with a subscription to Every Day Poems and find some beauty in your inbox.
You Might Also Like
Latest posts by LW Willingham (see all)
- Take Your Poet to Work Day: C. D. Wright - June 19, 2019
- Book Club: How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: Sfumato - June 6, 2019
- Book Club: How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci: Curiosità - May 23, 2019