Every Day Ideas: Poem Starters
Are you an Every Day Poems reader yet?
In a recent survey, we asked our readers how they furthered their experiences with their daily poems in the past year. For some, reading the poem each day (or every few days!) was enough.
But others revealed a variety of ways to bring the poems to life beyond the inbox. One way: use a line from the poem to start your own poem.
Now, when you share poems that you started from one of your Every Day Poem lines, we’ll save them for possible inclusion in a special Every Day Ideas ebook in 2016. The ebook will also include other Every Day Ideas, such as Poem Pinups (and more ideas to come).
So, if you like…
1. Choose a line from one of the Every Day Poems you received in your inbox
2. Use the line in a new poem of your own
3. Include a credit for the original poem you borrowed the line from
4. Send us a link to where you post your new poem online (anywhere is fine: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+). Just drop the link in an Every Day Ideas comment box so we can find it.
And, happy poem starting.
Photo by Pascal Maramis, Creative Commons, via Flickr.
Want to potentially be in our Every Day Ideas 2015-2016 ebook?
Subscribe to Every Day Poems now and join in our Every Day Ideas projects. Just $5.99 annually.
What Our Readers Are Saying About the Casual E-book
This year we published some of your poems in an another anthology called Casual: A Little Book of Jeans Poems and Photos. Here’s what some of our readers are saying about it:
I’m over the moon about being included. This is beautiful. —Sandra Heska King
Wow! The book is beautiful! —Amy Billone
Delighted to have my photo grace your book. —Susan Etole
What a beautiful final product. Grateful to be included. Thank you for investing in us. —Elizabeth Marshall
- Where Poetry Lives—Interview with Beekeeper & Poet Sara Eddy - August 16, 2022
- Tell the Bees: A Little Chat Highlight - August 9, 2022
- Tell the Bees—Event This Friday, August 5 + Prompt! - July 11, 2022