Let food be thy medicine…”
The challenge will focus on food in a fun way, from a few different angles:
• discovering the beauties of a plant-rich food lifestyle
• helpful tips and tricks for such a lifestyle
• maximizing your food dollars and reducing waste
• exploring the connection between food and health
• exploring the connection between food and climate
See Day 1 (sample of things to come)
Check out the first post, which is a sample of things to come!
Poem From Day 1
Barley comes in little pearls
I’ve never sought to own.
Millet makes me wonder:
could I eat it till it’s gone?
Bulgar sounds unfriendly,
but I’m betting on its iron.
Buckwheat offers pancakes!
It’ll be the first I try on.
Want to Get a Daily Inbox Delivery of the Challenge?
Come April, the challenge will begin. Our patrons can choose to receive a daily inbox delivery of the challenge, complete with meditative photo.
See another sample (we love the strawberries)
If you’d like this choice, become a patron today.
Or, Try Earth to Poetry
Not keen on food? For a more general earth, self, and other-care challenge, you could use our book Earth to Poetry, which is based on last year’s Poetic Earth Month project.
Want to Get Really Fancy?
For our 2020 group dare, we’re daring people to get really fancy and create a journal on Canva.
Here’s ours so far:
Or, you could create the journal at home, using collage techniques. Then share the pictures with us via Instagram!
- National Poetry Month Book Giveaway—Tell Us Your Personal Poetry Story to Enter! - April 10, 2021
- Road Trip!—Great Poets Read for National Poetry Month - April 6, 2021
- National Poetry Month: How to Write a Form Poem! - March 29, 2021