Thank You Notes is a monthly prompt that focuses on expressing our thanks to a particular person, place, or thing — in poems, paragraphs, or pictures. This month, we’re crafting thank you’s to Soap.
Prompt Guidelines and Options
- Be specific. Think nouns instead of adjectives. If you are crafting a pictorial thanks, show us something unusual or intriguing that we might not have otherwise noticed if we hadn’t seen your picture.
- Consider fitting the form of your poem, paragraph, or picture to mirror the nature of the person, place, or thing to which you are expressing thanks. A sonnet is different from a villanelle, for instance. Maybe one would be more fitting than the other.
- Consider playing Taboo and try writing without using the words and phrases thanks, thank you, gratitude, or grateful.
- Consider doing a little research about your subject: its history, associated words (and their etymologies), music, art, sculpture, architecture, fashion, science, and so on. Look for unusual details.
That’s it! We look forward to your creative thank you notes.
Browse Thank You Notes
- By Heart: ‘To Autumn’ + New Walter de la Mare Challenge - September 25, 2020
- Poetry Prompt: Wise Teachers - September 14, 2020
- Children’s Book Club: ‘Nine, Ten: A September 11 Story’ - September 11, 2020