Now we’re thinking, why go alone. Wouldn’t the party be more fun if we could take another poetry group with us? Can you imagine all that great poetry we could toss around gravity-free (and then bring back and gift to the world)?
Here’s the game plan:
1. Vote for us every day from now right through February 23.
2. If we win *at any level*, we will sponsor another poetry organization of your choice (choose in the poll at the bottom of this post). We would need to know you actually care about this organization really coming with us to the moon, so we’ll be looking for a minimum set of 100 votes for the top-voted organization:
$1, 000 grant > $250 USD to another org
$5, 000 grant > $1, 000 USD to another org
$25, 0000 grant > $5, 000 USD to another org
What does it take to fund TS Poetry for a year? More than the grand prize FedEx grant. But if we win, it will feel like going to the moon.
More than this, we believe it would be one big step for poetry—and bringing poetry and literacy opportunities to education! (Check out this great partnership between FedEx and the Redskins. We can picture a similar high school delivery featuring How to Read a Poem.)
Vote once a day, every day, through Feb 23:
Who should we take to the moon with us? Remember, the organization would need at least 100 votes for us to know you really want them to come with us:
Photo by Jespahjoy, Creative Commons, via Flickr.
- The 7 Principles Series—Part II, How to Ruin a Relationship in 4 Easy Conflict Moves - October 3, 2020
- 10 Ways to Be a Totally Epic Literary Citizen - August 3, 2020
- The 7 Principles for Making Friendship Work—Part I, Myth Discoveries - July 11, 2020