Doors & Passageways Poetry Prompts
1. Write a poem that includes both a dancer and a door. How will the two interact? Are you outside watching the dancer, or inside hearing the sounds and seeing the shadows beyond the door?
2. Or, write a poem in which you find yourself needed to do some kind of performance to get the door to your dreams open. Who will you be? (Dancer? Clown? Painter? Truck driver?) What will you do to get the door open?
Thanks to our participants in last week’s poetry prompt. Here’s part of a recent poem we enjoyed from Darlene…
Take-out coffee found a photograph.
An edge of wilderness town, rough and poor –
Who knows what happened to this store
with fancy bricks above white plywood nailed
Take-out coffee is always too hot.
Photo by Aimanness, Creative Commons, via Flickr.
Sometimes we feature your poems in Every Day Poems, with your permission of course. Thanks for writing with us!
- New Release!—Announcing Mildred’s Garden - August 20, 2021
- National Poetry Month Book Giveaway—Tell Us Your Personal Poetry Story to Enter! - April 10, 2021
- Road Trip!—Great Poets Read for National Poetry Month - April 6, 2021