I saw a headline the other day, about how Lady Gaga crashed Amazon with her 99¢ music offer. As far as I could tell once I clicked through, the Lady hadn’t actually crashed Amazon. She just slowed it down to a thick cyber-syrup.
All because her fans couldn’t wait to join the music craze for a mere 99¢.
I considered what it might take for us to do the same to the Book Giant, if we offered a lifetime of poetry fun for a yearly cost of 99¢. I didn’t have any art deco spectacles or 9-inch heels, inverted triangle dresses or purple bouffant wigs. But I did have a red ribbon (and the picture above to prove it).
I know, I know. Who’s going to crash Amazon with poetry and a red ribbon? Well, it could happen. After all, for 99¢ we want to give you the chance to subscribe to our Every Day Poems newsletter, where you can…
• read and enjoy a hand-selected poem every day (except weekends when we like to spend time writing)
• never miss a poetry writing project announcement again (unless you forget to check your email for days on end 🙂 )
• connect with other poets
• possibly get featured (or see someone else you know-and-love get featured), in Every Day Poems or at one of our poetry partners
• get terrific writing tips from published poets, poetry teachers, and people who love poetry
• hear about our upcoming Twitter parties, before they happen 🙂
• help us cover the cost of Every Day Poems (depending on our number of subscribers, the cost can rise to several hundred dollars a month… oo la la!)
It’s pretty easy to
Sign up for Every Day Poems.
Then Amazon kindly asks you for 99¢.
And maybe we show the world how a little poetry can make a person ga-ga too.