Welcome to Every Day Poems, the in-box delivery that seeks to inspire readers with daily insight, wisdom, beauty, peace, or hope!
Each month, in addition to poems on various topics, we offer about 8-10 poems on a particular theme. It’s not necessary for your poetry submission to fit with our themes, but occasionally it might give you a better chance for acceptance if you happen to have a poem that works with the theme. Current themes we are acquiring for:
April: Keepers & Keeping
May: Spanish & French
June: Monarch Butterfly
Our current reading period is March 1-April 15, 2023. Watch for announcements on future reading periods.
Every Day Poems is a sponsored publication; most of our subscribers are free and some pay only a nominal annual fee to cover our costs and receive more poems. As such, we are a non-paying venue, though we are happy to give you a complimentary one-month paid subscription if your work is chosen for feature (just request, if this is of interest).
How to Know If Your Poems Are a Fit
Please take a moment to peruse a few samples before sending your poems.
Also, we can say we prefer:
• poems that offer insight, wisdom, beauty, peace, or hope
(humor or grief are okay—vulgarity, explicitness, cursing, or raw anger not tempered into something tender … are not of interest to our readership)
• poems with interesting or elegant language and images that really speak
• an ending that makes you go “ooo” (or “aha”)
• free verse or form poetry—either is fine
• we also have a special love for nature poems and tea poems!
How to Send
• you may submit up to five poems
• poems should be 25 lines or less
• poems can be previously published (in fact, we tend to prefer this)
• if the poem(s) are from a collection, please include the title, publisher, and copyright date
• include your name and email address
• send to everydaypoemseditor[at]tspoetry.com and copy editor[at]tspoetry.com on the email
What to Expect
We will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner if your poetry is accepted. If you don’t hear from us within one month of sending your work, you can safely assume that the poems were not a fit (due to limited resources, we do not contact poets if their poems are not accepted).
✨ Thanks in advance for sharing your poetry with us!
— The Editors at Every Day Poems