Welcome to Every Day Poems, the in-box delivery that seeks to inspire readers with daily insight, wisdom, beauty, peace, or hope!
Each month, in addition to poems on various topics, we offer about 8-10 poems on a particular theme. It’s not necessary for your poetry submission to fit with our themes, but occasionally it might give you a better chance for acceptance if you happen to have a poem that works with the theme. Current themes we are acquiring for:
February: high & low
March: fast & slow
Our current reading period is January 11-February 28, 2022. Watch for announcements on future reading periods.
Every Day Poems is a sponsored publication (our subscribers pay only a nominal annual fee of $5.99 to cover hosting costs). As such, we are a non-paying venue, and we always take the time to forward the day’s poem to our featured poets, so they can enjoy it and share with friends and colleagues if that feels like a happy thing to do.
How to Know If Your Poems Are a Fit
Please take a moment to peruse a few samples before sending your poems.
Also, we can say we prefer:
• poems that offer insight, wisdom, beauty, peace, or hope
(humor or grief are okay—vulgarity, explicitness, cursing, or raw anger not tempered into something tender … are not of interest to our readership)
• poems with interesting or elegant language and images that really speak
• an ending that makes you go “ooo” (or “aha”)
• free verse or form poetry—either is fine
• we also have a special love for nature poems and tea poems!
How to Send
• you may submit up to five poems
• poems should be 25 lines or less
• poems can be previously published (in fact, we tend to prefer this)
• no chapbooks or collections, please
• if the poem(s) are from a collection, please include the title, publisher, and copyright date
• include your name and email address
• send to everydaypoemseditor[at]tspoetry.com
What to Expect
We will do our best to get back to you in a timely manner if your poetry is accepted. If you don’t hear from us within one month of sending your work, you can safely assume that the poems were not a fit (due to limited resources, we do not contact poets if their poems are not accepted).
✨ Thanks in advance for sharing your poetry with us!
— The Editors at Every Day Poems