Join us on August 17-20, at Mariandale on Hudson, for a beautiful retreat that will refresh your writing and your soul.
This is a patron retreat (plus patron-invited friends).
Meet the Tweetspeak team, editors, published authors, and fellow writers—all in a peaceful setting where every day brings a beautiful view of the mountains and the river. (Yes, even a rainy day offers beautiful views!)
The sunsets are spectacular. The rolling fields and gorgeous old trees invite you to expand your soul and renew your writing. Comfortable living rooms throughout the building provide a place to think, write, meet, and get inspired.
Mariandale is one of my favorite places ever. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found my writing again by coming here—even just coming for personal retreats that aren’t offering a single workshop.
—L.L. Barkat, author & publisher
What’s Included in the Retreat?
The cost of the retreat includes everything you’ll need to have a relaxing, refreshing experience, with no need to worry about where you’ll grab your next meal (or snack) before the writing workshop or community gathering.
• 2-3 writing workshops per day (Sun/Mon)
• Evening programs (Sat/Sun/Mon)
• Closing morning program (Tues)
• Personal or group writing time (daily)
• Optional afternoon writing trips at nearby attractions (Lyndhurst Mansion, Ossining Downtown, Croton Dam Park—may include costs not covered by retreat)
• Your personal guest room
• 3 meals a day, with full salad bar and home-style desserts and cookies (let us know if you have dietary needs or allergies)
• free snacks and hot & cold drinks available 24/7 (includes fruit and juice options)
Accommodations and Grounds
• All are single, minimalist, quiet
• Sink with mirror, provided in the room. For the floor, shared restrooms and showers (with changing benches). One single (handicapped restroom/shower) also in the hall.
• Full closet, desk
• In-room air-conditioners (you control the temperature)
Building and Grounds
• All floors reachable by both elevator and stairs
• Unless a room is being otherwise used, you are invited to use any of the open areas for writing or meeting with friends and fellow patrons. Open areas include several libraries, sitting rooms with couches and coffee tables, kitchens, rooms with tables
• Outdoor courtyard (near the dining hall for easy access to 24/7 snacks and drinks!)
• Short walking trail along the river
• Small gardens
Workshop Leader List
Megan Willome. Tweetspeak editor and workshop leader. Former Managing Editor of WACOAN Magazine. Author of The Joy of Poetry: How to Keep, Save & Make Your Life With Poems
Laura Lynn Brown. Tweetspeak contributing writer and workshop leader. Teacher at University of Pittsburgh and author of Everything That Makes You Mom
Scott Edward Anderson. A thoughtful and moving reader, Scott has worked for the Nature Conservancy, been a Concordia Fellow at the Millay Colony for the Arts, and received the Nebraska Review Award. Author of Dwelling: An Ecopoem, Fallow Field, and Falling Up: A Memoir of Second Chances
Arrival & Departure
• Plan to arrive for dinner and an evening program on Saturday. Dinner at 6 pm.
• There are many comfortable places at Mariandale to relax and enjoy your day, if you are waiting to check in (5 pm, Saturday, Aug 17) or check out (1:00 pm, Tuesday, Aug 20)
• Flying into White Plains means you can easily catch an Uber or rent a car and have just a 25 minute drive to Mariandale; if you prefer to fly into J.F.K. and rent a car or arrange an airport limo, the drive is anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours depending on traffic
• Plan to stay through lunch on Tuesday, after our closing morning programs. Check out at 1:00 pm.
This is a patron and patron-invited friends retreat. Not a patron yet? Become one now. Then join us in August for a richly inspiring time!
$495 includes four days, three nights accommodations. All meals and snacks, beginning with Saturday dinner at 6 pm and ending with Tuesday lunch. All workshops and programs (note that writing afternoons at nearby attractions may include additional costs).
If you’d also consider being a retreat partner, this would be a beautiful thing. (Our costs include about $3,000 dollars that won’t be made up for by attendees choosing the basic retreat cost.)
Sign up by June 30 to take advantage of the early bird rate of $495.
After June 30, rate will increase to $525. Last day to register will be Friday, July 12. (But, remember, space is limited to 25 participants! Sign up early to secure your space.)
We can’t wait to read and write with you, by the beautiful Hudson River!